Chair of Speakers: This person will handle the logistics and scheduling of
talks. They will not be solely responsible for soliciting speakers – this is
a duty that all HacSoc members should share.
- They will hold the whip on getting members to invite speakers.
- They will evaluate talk proposals.
- Ultimately, they will finalize the schedule by determining time slots,
handling the logistics of putting speakers into slots, etc.
Chair of Food: This person organizes food catering for the event:
- Solicits suggestions from general body (and ideally provides some of their own
- Conducts polls of the general body to guide their decision making.
- Ultimately, makes the final decision on who we will select to cater each meal.
- Places orders for all meals.
- Arranges pick-up for meals.
Chair of Facilities: This person is in charge of facilities for the
- Reserves all necessary rooms for the conference day.
- Makes any arrangements for parking and validation.
Chair of Guests: This person organizes swag the guests will receive:
- Solicits a logo for the conference, for shirts and flyers.
- Conducts polls (Eventbrite!) to estimate shirt size distribution.
- Orders shirts.
- Organizes nametags.
- Organizes résumé book.
Day Of Volunteers
These are volunteers who show up and make the Link-State actually Link-State:
Room Handler[s]: Person[s] in charge of handling a speaking room:
- Ensures timeliness of speakers.
- Manages A/V needs of the speaker.
- Hands out gift.
- Is installed in the room for a half-day or full-day shift.
Greeter[s]: Person[s] in charge of greeting guests:
- Greets new arrivals.
- Checks them in on Eventbrite. (Needs access to Eventbrite password!)
- Gives them a T-shirt / nametag.
Facilities Assistance: People who assist as needed with food / facilities
- Assists in food runs for each meal.
- Assists in setting up food.
- Assists in rearranging tables / chairs as needed.
- Assists in setup / teardown of event.
- At least one should be floating around the lobby at all times.